You will need to be logged in to use the Young Carers Network. Login below or click on Register Account to create a new profile.
Switch to green the email alerts you would like to receive.
The Young Carers Network (YCN) is maintained by Carers Australia Limited, ABN 12 231 938 308.
Cares Australia want you to have a positive experience while using the YCN. However, to use the YCN you must agree to our rules
To ensure we can create a safe and supportive environment for everyone, you must accept and follow our terms and conditions (rules).
If you don’t follow the rules we may remove your access to the YCN.
A. Our Rules
1. You must be more than 12 years old but younger than 26 years old to use the YCN (13+ to post Forum comments or Stories)
2. Keep your password secret. Don’t share it with your friends
3. Be respectful of others and keep it positive. We don’t allow nasty comments, intimidation, bullying or abuse of others
4. Don’t share private information like your real name, address or location when you post. It’s personal and belongs to you
5. No hacking or modifying the YCN
6. No posting of links to your own or other websites
7. Do not pretend to be another YCN user or a Carers Australia staff member
8. You must not have been convicted of an offence which involved violence or harm to another person
9. You must not be a registered sex offender
B. Posting a story
10. All stories are posted anonymously. This means your real name and identity are not disclosed to anyone who reads your story
11. Make sure you do not include personal information such as your address, school, family members name or friend’s names in your story. If you do we may not publish it until this is removed
12. Your story must be your own
13. A story belongs to you. This means no one can use it or reproduce it without your permission. When you post a story to the YCN you agree that Carers Australia may use, modify and reproduce your story on the YCN and outside of the YCN. This may include reproducing your story on social media, hardcopy publications or other websites
14. Users are not paid for stories
15. Carers Australia reserves the right to publish stories they deem appropriate for the Story Wall
Important - When you use the YCN, Carers Australia is not responsible for your actions and does not guarantee that the YCN will be available or work on your electronic device(s).
C. What Carers Australia can and can’t do
Your personal information and privacy
16. When you register to use the YCN your:
will be collected, securely stored, used and disclosed by us only to run the YCN.
17. When you register and use the YCN, you agree to allow us to release your information to relevant contacts (including the Australian Federal Police) if while using the YCN you mention an intention to commit suicide or perform self-harm, that you are currently in danger or are performing or connected to illegal activity.
We may contact you
19. When you register and use the YCN, you agree to allow us to send you an SMS or email with information on topics for which you have chosen to receive alerts (known as a subscription). There are four types of subscriptions for you to choose from: eLearning, forums, events and general updates.
20. You are responsible for any fees charged by your phone provider to receive an SMS or email from us.
21. You can change your subscriptions or unsubscribe at any time by updating your preferences in your user profile.
22. You can deactivate your YCN account at any time.
23. You can also ‘Contact Us’ to ask that your posts (including any of your comments or stories) be removed from the YCN. We will do this but it can take up to 5 Business days for these to be taken down. Once your comments or stories are deleted they are gone forever.
24. If you wish to deactivate your account, you can do so in your user account. Once your account is deactivated it cannot be reactivated. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any posts or comments you wish to keep.
25. When you ask us to deactivate your account we automatically hide all content linked to your account. This means all of your posts and stories are hidden from the YCN.
26. We may choose to remove your Forum comment if it contains inappropriate, offensive, inflammatory or illegal content.
27. If you feel that another user’s Forum comment is offensive or breaches our terms and conditions, you may you may click on the ‘report comment’ button displayed next to the offending post.
Young Carer Bursary
28. Your involvement in posting stories or making comments on the YCN will not influence your Bursary application if you decide to submit one.
29. The Bursary may be accessible through the YCN but all inquiries or issues relating to the Bursary will be managed by the Young Carers Bursary Team.