Can I apply?
To apply you must be a young carer:
- between the eligible age range of 12-25 for the majority of the bursary year:
- if you are currently 11, turning 12 in the bursary year, you can apply if your date of birth is before 1 May.
- if you are currently 25, turning 26 in the bursary year, you can apply if your date of birth is after 1 November.
- studying an approved course in Australia within a recognised Australian institution, either full-time or part-time
- in high school
- TAFE or a registered training organisation (RTO) studying towards higher vocational education and training (VET) qualifications
- at university, up to and including your first undergraduate degree*
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident living in Australia
- not receiving another scholarship
*Undergraduate degrees include: advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees.
Does my course qualify?
The course you study must be provided by a secondary education institution (high school/college). Or by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and be a VET accredited course. This includes:
- TAFE courses
- online courses
- face to face courses
- an apprenticeship
- home schooling endorsed by an educational authority
- university courses up to an undergraduate degree*
* This program considers advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees as equal undergraduate level qualifications.