Can I apply?
To apply you must be a young carer:
- aged 12 – 25 years old for the entire time you’re receiving the bursary
- studying an approved course in Australia within a recognised Australian institution, either full-time or part-time
- in high school
- TAFE or a registered training organisation (RTO) studying towards higher vocational education and training (VET) qualifications
- at university, up to and including your first undergraduate degree*
- a permanent resident of Australian citizen residing in Australia
- not receiving another scholarship
*Undergraduate degrees include: advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees.
Does my course qualify?
The course you study must be provided by a secondary education institution (high school/college) or by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and be a VET accredited course. This includes:
- TAFE courses
- online courses
- face to face courses
- an apprenticeship
- home schooling endorsed by an educational authority
- university courses up to an undergraduate degree*
* This program considers advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees as equal undergraduate level qualifications.